Be an agent of solar change and help clients navigate their choices to determine whether and how to put grid-tied pv on their house.
You will have technical sales expertise, a driver’s license and clean driving record, and a desire to help our clients understand and make choices to harvest solar energy on their homes and businesses. You will be joining a small company and working alongside the owners. You will professionally represent us with integrity, positive attitude, and excellent communications skills utilized for coordinating with the public, our clients, utilities and government regulators, and other departments within the company. You will be brutally honest, have excellent math and writing skills, be in prime physical shape, and comfortable using a 32’ extension ladder to reach second story roofs. You will use company laptop and vehicle. You will live in or around Port Townsend.
Specific tasks include:
- educating and qualifying customers over the phone and in person
- site analysis using ladder, hand tools, compass, camera, and cool high-tech shade analysis tools
- conceptual design and communication of financial cost, incentives, savings, and financing options during site visit
- detailed system design including performance estimates, requires good math skills including trigonometry and basic understanding of electricity and physics
- preparation of proposals, contracts using Word, Excel, SketchUp and solar design software
- answering questions in order to close the sales
- creating detailed project binders for the installation crew, including basic electrical calculations and one-line drawings
- creating basic permit applications using manufacturer’s engineered specs, shepherding applications through various jurisdictions
Additional marketing tasks may include graphic design of marketing materials, writing press releases, event coordination, and public speaking at indoor and outdoor events.
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package including health insurance, phone stipend, paid sick and vacation time, paid and unpaid holidays throughout the year, quarterly bonuses based on profitability, 3% company IRA matching contribution, and continuing education funding.
Send resume and brief statement of your thoughts regarding renewable energy and grid-tied pv.